Friday, October 17, 2008

Nonsensical Jibber Jabber

Morning loyal readers (aka: HI MIKE!),

What a beautiful day, sure it's a bit nipply out, i'm pretty sure one of my balls retreated back inside my body for warmth this morning, but what's important is that it's friday. Just saying the word Friday makes me happy. It's perfect, say it to yourself right now, everytime you do you'll feel a little tingle of excitement from memories of friday's past, a little sense of comfort from knowing you can sleep a bit later for a couple days, and then of course we're in the heart of football season so even sunday's are good again.

There's a little bit of sadness of course, for today is the day that Kitzy has left us for a few weeks. But we all know that he's going to come back stronger, faster, and more political than ever. So for people like me who haven't been able to understand a single political column of his yet, then just wait cause it's only giong to get more confusing.

Since it's friday and it's an easygoing day let's talk about the weekend? What are you up to? I've got an old high school friend coming to town tonight from L.A., so i'm going to be heading out with her and her friends and some of mine. Not sure where yet. Then tomorrow it's one of my sister's friends birthdays, so me and my old pal Mikey Delish, otherwise known as Das Denbotech will be doing it up in fine style and trying our hardest to humiliate our sisters. As for Sunday, well the Bills are playing the Chargers, so my fat ass is going to be planted firmly on my couch, i defy you to try and get me off it. I think The Comfort might post another football column today so let's all look forward to that.

4 comments:

gritz said...

I wrote that last post JUST FOR YOU!

denby said...

does anyone else (anyone else meaning you and kitzy) think that the best night of the week is absolutely thursday? I mean, chances are you're still going to get a decent sleep, you know the weekend is coming and you only have to get through one more day, which technically doesn't count. The amount of times I've heard "oh man, I dont' feel like doing ANYTHING, it's friday" at my office is somewhat astounding. I've only been there for a month! Weekends are amazing, but I think they're a lot like those holidays where the anticipation is so much more amazing than the actual event, where time speeds by at light speed and you're just trying to catch up let alone slow it down. I can't remember the last time I had a decent sleep on a Friday or Saturday night. Half the time I can't make it to my bed anyways. Kitchen floors make for crummy mattresses. literally and figuratively.

Unknown said...

I almost agree with you Denby, the anticipation on Thursday nearly outweighs Friday completely. That said, I always find myself a little too excited on Thursdays and can't wait for the weekend and so I end up turning Thursday into Little Friday. And then Friday morning rolls around and I'm dragging my ass to work, feeling like death and just hoping the puke wont go further from my mouth. So then my Friday becomes the longest and worst day ever (ok, Mondays are way worse). So my favourite day is for sure Saturday: there's the stories from Friday and a whole other night ahead for more mayhem. Can anyone tell that I've obviously fried my brain again and am choosing ANYTHING over work right now.

denby said...

well played diane. well played indeed. clearly i am a huge nerd.