Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Humbly Accept Your Nomination

Thank you Grimes. It seems like just yesterday that you were drooling all over yourself like a small child. In fact, it was just yesterday. But despite your obvious intellectual shortcomings, it is with a deep sense of duty and high resolve, I accept your nomination.

I accept it with a full and grateful heart – without reservation – and with only one obligation – the obligation to devote every effort of body, mind and spirit to destroying the life of Eric Grimes.

---

I also haven't voted today. I'm going to. And I will do so with a heavy heart, knowing that Olivia Chow will likely carry my riding of Trinity-Spadina. I am not convinced that she is right for the job. Nor am I convinced that jack Layton isn't an absolute asshole. But that's neither here nor there. Toronto-Danforth and Trinity-Spadina will likely both go NDP and it saddens me. So let me be the first to say to Christine Innes, you fought a good battle, but it wasn't meant to be. And to an excellent candidate and a close friend, Andrew Lang who ran a smarter - if smaller - campaign against the Jack Layton Party, bad luck, but I'm optimistic for next time. There are big things in your future and all of us are excited to see them materialize.

Knowing that two better candidates will lose because they are just single MPs and they are both running against the royal family of another party is a tough pill to swallow. And it is why I didn't run straight to the voting booth this morning. But I'm confident that, maybe not today and maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of our lives, we will regret placing a single NDP candidate in charge and soon people will approach politics in Toronto with more even-tempered minds and steady hands.

----

As for Eric voting. I think, having pried him off his lazy ass, I've done my duty for the Canadian political system.


1 comment:

Naijadude said...

heheh the same story goes for my candidate for Toronto Centre riding, although he's an NDP candidate,El Farouk Khaki running against Bob Rae of the Liberals...