Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ramblings


Nothing specific to talk about today so let's just have a nice ramble, we can talk about the news, sports, what's new in my life and the lives around me. Just catch up, wouldn't that be nice? I think that would be nice.


First off, mad props to all 17-19 year old males out there. Wait....that sounds really bad. I'm shouting out specifically to those Canadian males with gold medals around their necks. Some of you may have followed the World Juniors tournament in Ottawa this year. Some maybe saw just the final. Either way i think i will go on record and say that this was the most entertaining World Juniors i've ever watched. And i've watched them all for as long as i can remember. First off i got to see a game live, Canada's first against the Czech Republic. Sure they blew them out 8-2 but it was still a great atmosphere and had been on my "To Do Before I Die" list for a long time. Seeing as how i probably don't have much time left I'm glad i got it done. This year's team was fun to watch. So much skill and as cliche as it sounds, so much heart. They deserved to win unlike some years where the goaltending carries them through. The Canada vs. Russia game was a classic and always will be cause of the last second heroics of Eberle. And then the final, although it wasn't much of a nail biter, was still a fantastic game to watch cause they played their best game of the tournament when they needed to. So hats off to those young men, for those of us who were watching, you made us proud!



Next on the list.....let's talk about the Gaza strip! Actually let's not....i'll get depressed and i don't know enough about it. But i think many of us can agree that it's sad to see so many bodies pile up because of a piece of land, no matter how important it may be.



We haven't talked about Mike Denby in a while and i know he's always a hot topic! Specifically cause he just called me up a minute ago. The kid got his old job back! Not full time or anything, but they're going to find some work for him for a while so let's all give a Big John Denby "HEY HEY MIKEY BOY! WHAT A HOOT! ISN'T THAT JUST GREAT! HEY HEY!" Also for those music lovers out there, young Michael Robert is now in Jeff Buckley, and Mike Thompson's band "Make Your Exit". That's them in the picture above sans Mike Denby. I was fortunate enough to see their show at the El Mocambo on Friday night. Wow did they ever blow minds. They get better and better every time i see them play, and with the addition of Mr. Denby into the band they now pop boners aswell. Hmm....probably shouldn't have written that last part. Either way they're playing a show this Friday night at the Rivoli, we will all be there, and you should come too if you haven't seen them cause they're pretty much the best band in the history of music. No exageration.



Ok let's check the list, what's up next? Hmm...nothing there. So i'll just make a few short comments.


The Buffalo Bills suck, and it sucks being a fan, but i will not give up on them.


I've got box seats to the raptors game friday night, high rollin!!!


Alex Kitz wants to purchase a treadmill.


My friend and yours Peter N'geno, is due to be a father this Sunday Jan.11th! We're all very excited for him. But Peter....if the baby comes out white.....and maybe a little slow....and is blonde.....and loves weed.....well i think you know what i'm trying to say.


The Habs rule, the Leafs suck. Accept it.


Nicaragua surf trip is now only about a month and a half away, i seriously can not wait to gnar out with my brohan's in the freshy freshy.


Derek Mumford has a job interview tomorrow. If he gets it, he will be hanging with Inuits 2 weeks every month, and being paid far too much to do it.


Julien Favre cheered for Sweden in the World Juniors final last night, further cementing his position at the top of the list of "World's Largest Douchebags".


My brother will be strapping on the pads and playing goalie for my hockey team tonight. This marks the first time he's played net in 20 years. The over/under for goals scored will be set at 10. I personally am choosing over.


I filled out an expense claim for my year's worth of contact lenses yesterday, that's $445.00 worth of lenses since i wear dailies. I don't believe i filled out the form properly. So i'll probably receive a letter from Manulife Financial promptly in the mail, informing me of this. I'm not looking forward to filling it out again.


Well after rereading my final little note there i think i might have run out of things to say and probably should have stopped a while ago. Unless you guys want to hear about my pubic hair removal fiasco from the other day? No? Well we'll save that for another day then. Happy Tuesday everyone, i'll let you know how Mark does in net tonight!


Peace out,

Optimus Grime

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also cheered for the Russians and the Czechs...

Anonymous said...

Jewels sucks Jewels
Remind Mark to streeeeeeeeech
and I'm interested in the Hair removal........... Please do tell!!

Anonymous said...

What's the deal with band photos anyways? Examine this one, which I am in, so I'm allowed to make fun of it. I mean, why am I wearing shorts... no musician ever wears shorts. Pearl Jam could get away with it in 1993, but realistically, Edder Vedder also had the capacity to inspire a generation of greasy teens. Can I do that? Nope. Well... naw I cant. And I mean why the fuck are we in a field? Sure, it was right behind Mike's house and it seemed convenient. On the other hand, why didnt we just take it inside, in the comfort of Mike's home, maybe beside a fire with a golden lab puppy or something. I mean truthfully, I've probably done that particular activity more in my life than I've stood in random fields in the city of Toronto at dusk... I mean come on, which to you is more relatable? Well, maybe you're a crazy field dweller, so you might choose option B. But I'm pretty sure you don't have the internet in that field so you can't be reading this... don't look at me like that...

Anonymous said...

lots of pockets in them there shorts.......