Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Update!


Ok so for all you Mark Grimes fans out there who were dying to know how he did in net last night, here's your update.


Well Mark did better than expected, much better. In fact, he had a shutout going almost halfway through the game! Bear in mind that our defense in the first period was pretty much impenetrable and he might have had only one shot on net. Then in the second we let up a few more, including two breakaways both of which they missed the net on. However Mark did make about 4 or 5 saves before a wrist shot from the slot beat him off the post and in. They quickly found Mark's weak spot which was low five hole, and ended up potting another one before we could answer back and make it 2-1. (I got the goal!)


The third period it was clear that with only two lines we pretty much ran out of gas. The final score was 6-2 for those dickheads, but Mark made some more nice stops, including gloving a slapshot from the point from their best player. Mark and I had made a bet pregame that was if he let in 8 goals or more he owed me dinner. If he managed to keep it under 8 then the reverse was true. Which means I now owe him a meal. DAMN! Also the gamesheet somehow says that he faced 26 shots which isn't remotely true, so now he's all stoked and bragging about making 20 saves when there's not a chance that's true! However i think he did surprise us all by playing better than we expected, and more than anything he has my respect for wanting to get in net, and following through. So well done Markus.


I'd say the high point of the night though was the drive home. It's snowy and shitty out, a real nice slow drive with 3 tired stinky young men just wanting to get back to their cozy beds. Then all of a sudden the van starts to throw out warning bells. The engine temperature warning comes on, we take a look and the old girl's overheating. Then there's this weird knockity slip slapping noise coming from the engine. Luckily we were right at the mississauga road exit so we pulled in quickly and made it to the Tim Horton's/Shell station. So I gave CAA a call, they show up 45 minutes to an hour later. Load up my baby girl and tow her to Oakville. We call a cab and head back to Toronto. So my mom just gave me a little ring a ding, turns out it's going to cost 1000 bucks to get my sweet baby fixed. Well so much for my plans of buying a new computer! What a night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we should have just ridden her hard all the way home, just like edgefest 97, and we all know how well that one turned out. R.I.P Old School.