Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Workin' Man

by Mumford (guest writer)

Yesterday I had one of the most satisfying feelings of accomplishment I've had since building a picnic table at Eric's place. It was the feeling of an honest days work. Yes that's right after 8 months and 12 days I was working again. I know what you're thinking? Is everything as it should be now? Do I have one less reason to hate Mumford? or did he just say 'was'? Ya I said it. It actually turns out the only thing that can trump an honest days work is quitting that work. So this morning I sit in my p.j.'s writing this blog about ready to crawl right back into my nice warm bed. So if you didn't hate me before I sure bet you will now.

As for those who knew of the upcoming work date of mine and said "you'll be done after a week!" please stop giving me so much credit and at the same time underestimating the benifits of unemployment. Now for those concurrently typing out letters of resignation while reading this (*cough* Grimes *cough*) just relax at least you're making some good coin versus inhaling dust and mold while freezing your ass off for $10/hr (ps-my back hurts too, Surprise!)

I'm going to assume this one day of effort won't count as work since I won't be getting paid (asked not too since the guy's real awesome and I'm a lazy jerk) which means that the dream of the full year off is still intact and that Pat Waind won't be getting his McDonald's combo (bet between us for who gets a real job first). Also here I'd like to give Pat a little shout out as he's a day shy of 9.5 months unemployed now himself. Well done brother never knew you had it in you.

So what's the plan now? Nicaragua in 5 weeks! Until then some swimming to get ready, catching up on tv shows like OZ and 30 Rock, playing with my new Wii, and of course reading the Cronic-WHAT!-cles of Gritz which I have disappointedly stopped doing since Christmas (Grimes will believe it when he sees it, or when I comment for the first time. I didn't even know you could do that!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a legend.
but where did you get off thinking you'd be able to do manual labor with your 89 year old torso? can you pay me to keep you company during the day? because I'll totes quit.

Anonymous said...

TOTES!

Mumf, it's Grimes, I just haven't signed in, i'm dangerously close to that letter of resignation, especially if there's a colin pearson working in my company looking to sell me out to the boss for having a blog. Sure i don't have a clue what i would actually do without a job but it might be kind of fun to find out. You never know.

I also agree with Michael Robert Denbasquez, i mean i gave you a week which thinking about it now was a huge overestimate, but how did you figure that spine of yours could handle manual labor? Either way im proud that you've given up the dream of a job for a little while again. There's no need to work. You know it and I know it. Keep going, you can do this.

Anonymous said...

Mumford, you are correct. Definitely another reason to hate you. I love your Wii though. Big ups to Special K for purchasing that.