Monday, October 20, 2008

On The Trail

Day... Something...

So initially I was hoping that I'd be able to post every day. Well, uh... that hasn't exactly been the case. 

Not that I don't have a balls load of things to say, but the hours just aren't lending themselves well to dropping some wisdom for a half hour every day. 

It's like wading into a raging river. It is fast, your balls ascend up into your body and you wish you were better prepared. So far the most sleep I've gotten has been 6 hours. And that felt amazing. Apart from that we're at the office till 2 AM or so at the very least. Usually later. Once we finish the regular human things - organizing events (Michelle Obama is here tomorrow) getting people out to vote (early voting began today) making calls (we call 15,000 people every day) - we have about 5 or 6 hours worth of data input ahead of us. Plus staff meetings and conference calls at 8 AM, 9 PM and 10 PM. Which is a very long winded and self-aggrandizing way of saying: we're fucking spent.

But it feels awesome.

Grimes and I spend all day complaining about how much we hate work. And I've literally done more work since I got here on Friday than I've done in my entire life combined. And what's weird is that I love it. I wake up, tired, but still good to go. It's surreal. And in some ways I wish more people could be down here. But mostly I don't because you're all giant dicks.

But now to the juicy. Where am I staying? So I think I told people that there were homes that supporters offered to the campaign for out of state staffers to stay in. Our home is on the beach (we can see the water from the front door). There is pretty good surfing about 15 minutes away and a rack of boards in the garage. And man, this house! I should load photos. Maybe I will. But yeah, it's giant and beautiful. You know how people *say* it's a beautiful house? Well this one actually is. Like in a magazine beautiful. It's kind of amazing. A short story to give you an idea of what it's like: when I first got here I'd had all my soap and shit taken away from me at the airport / I didn't bring a lot of stuff. So I'm in the shared bathroom between Jake and I's room. And he's brushing his teeth in one sink and I'm at the other and he jokes, "don't worry, they probably have some for you." And I laugh. And he opens the drawer between us, and there is a line of white and yellow striped boxes, about nine inches long and 2 inches square at the bottom. Each has a "TB" in gold cursive writing on the front. I open it up, and inside is a little travel toothbrush and mini-toothbrush. For guests!!

I nearly shit my pants!! (nearly?...)

So yeah, if we were ever there for more than a few hours, that'd be sick. And if I could make use of the beautiful beaches, I guess that would be pretty good too. But seeing as neither are happening, it's kind of like the hell of having everything great on the other side of the window.

But I digress. The point is that things are still awesome. Like, amazing. As I mentioned, Michelle is here tomorrow. When Sarah Palin spoke in Pensacola she had 8,000 people at her rally and had two weeks to prep for it. We got word yesterday that Michelle was in town and so far have around 3500 people booked to attend. We're hoping to get 10,000 people to fill the stadium. Keep your fingers crossed. It's a long shot, but we really want to put Palin in her place and let Michelle just shut the Alaska Barbie down. Just crush her. We'll see what happens...

So yeah, that's the word from here. I'm pretty much just on the phone all the time or getting yelled at for fucking up - which is a pretty frequent occurrence. But it's still awesome.

Don't miss any of you. You're all dicks.

Kitzy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Palin = gift from above

Obama = finger on the button

Jeb Bush 2012